Saturday, April 25, 2009

Texas??? who really cares?

Since Gov. Perry said he felt that leaving the union was not out of the question ,I figure I have a few questions ...
1. Do we really care? (I mean think about it, we could tax the hell our of them for whatever resources they use and give a good aid to our tax base.).
2. Should we care? (nah, I don't think so, if they think they can function independant of the rest of America so be it.).
3. Don't they care about the amount of Federal Aid they already get for many programs in their state,...er country? (Aparently they only care about what they think is their own and that they can dictate terms to the United States.).
4. Last but not least ...What are they gonna do with the rest of the population that does not wish to leave? (Are they gonna deport them or just make them refugees like any other third world nation does?).

OK there is my thought for Friday, answer or laugh or just ignore it it was the best I could do on short notice.*grin*

For the fun part I will leave you all with a quiz. (1 internet and a cookie to whoever gets it right).
What TV sitcom had the following song as its theme.."Hit the road Jack"

Peace, Love, and Light, Tau

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Guadaloupe Mountains National Park, Big Bend National Park, Rio Grande Wild & Scenic River, Alibates Flint Quarry National Monument, Amistad National Recreation Area, Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park, San Antonio Missions National Historic Site, Big Thicket Natinoal Preserve, Palo Alto National Battlefield, Chamizal National Memorial, El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro National Historic Trail, El Camino Real de Los Tejas National Historic Trail,Fort Davis National Historic Site, and Padre Island National Seashore? Those are national parks which belong to all of us. No way are they taking part of our nation's natural and cultural heritage with them.

TauRaven said...

Y'know I honestly never took that into consideration and I do agree with you. I don't want to lose any of that, but I think what bothers me is that with this kind of talk being more and more bantered about, what happens if they actually do it?