Thursday, April 30, 2009

100 days...

As I noted on another blog earlier, though I may not agree with hows certain things are being handled, I feel that our President's overall grade should be a B-, and that given a bit more time that will go up as he acclimates himself into the new role he has as leader of the free world.

The main reason I gave a bit lower grade than others is mainly due to the hesitant stand he has tended to take on the "faith-based intiatives". The whole concept needs to be scrapped permanently. There is way to much pandering to some faiths who don't wish to not discrimate for multiple reasons. Just as the voucher system is a proven failure so are most of the faith based intiatives with regard to equality and "fair and equal treatment under the law".

I think we as a society have come way to far to continue to constantly aquiess to the Religious Reich. Progress can only advance and continue when dogma and narrowness is avoided like the plague. So, Mr. President, I am sure that as your adminstration progresses your grade will no doubt go higher, and I for one thank you for your hard work.

Tomorrow is Beltane, or May Day as many call it, so if any of my gazzillions(6) readers feel so inclined go dance naked in the woods.

Peace, Love, and Light, Tau.

2 comments:

MaryJayn said...

I agree with the B-! Is there any other special day that i can go dance naked in the woods? If not I'll make my own! =D Oh and.....*your a dork*

MaryJayn said...

*undork*!! =D