Friday, April 13, 2007

Why kids ask why, and what the hell do we say?

Why is the sky blue dad? From the reflection of the sun. Why is the water blue dad? Actually for the same reason. Why do I have to follow the rules dad? Because the law says so. Why does the law say so? Lil one the law is written by those whom we have chosen to make choises for us. So then why are you mad at the president, dad?...Welllll...because he doesnt obey the law little one and no I can't explain why.

But Daddy, isn't He the leader of our country , and shouldn't he be following what we want him to do? Yes honey, He should but he says, He knows what is best for our country, and he expects us to just follow him, he said he is who DECIDES what's best for us.

But Dad, I learned in school that he is supposed to do what we decide and follow the law or the conti..consta...contastitshun...?
Yes lil one, he is but he has DECIDED that he alone knows what is best for us. I can't explain why he thinks that way, I don't understand myself why over three thousand young Americans have died in a vain attempt to appease his desire to overthrow what took this countries founders many years to bring to life, a land that was given the rule...of the people, by the people, and for the people.

But Daddy, arent we supposed to decide what is best for us?
Yes honey, but it takes much more these day to do that, we have to depend on those we have elected to represent us to do the right thing for the sake of our country.

Why Dad, I learned in school that we have the right to change the govenm, goverment as we need to?
Yes child, that is true we elect many people to take our thoughts and feelings to the government and then we expect them to follow what we have said, but many times it doesn't happen.

Why Daddy?
Because sometimes there are many people with alot of money who actually control what the lawmakers we voted into office do...and they think they know what is best for us and themselves.
Do they think of what we need Daddy?
No, not most of the time they seem to only think of themselves alot.

Well then Dad, I think you should get elected to an office and change everything.
Honey, I can't because I haven't the money to do it. It takes a great deal of money to accomplish that.

But dad, I was told that Mr. Lincoln lived in a log cabin , and we have a nice house? Doesn't that count?

At that point I had to sigh and just give My lil one a hug, because I could not answer the question. Why can't a small voice, any more, make a change. Why does everything we may want get ignored by those we vote for? Why doesn't anyone listen to the little man anymore? Suddenly, I realized that My lil child was right all along, why don't we get a voice and just scream if we have to...WHY????

Happy Birthday Mr. Jefferson.

Next thought.....TR

No comments: