Monday, April 2, 2007

Is this reality or am I only dreaming?

Have you ever been woken up by a bout with the flu at the crack of dawn one morning and instantly you felt like someone has used your head for a mop and your butt for a broom and cleaned the backyard up with you? Good. I was afraid I was alone in this.

During this incursion into illness induced delirium(my only lucid thought being the ability to calculate my location in the house and the proximity of the closest bathroom, but I digress) I found myself pondering questions that I believe at any other time would have been simple and understandable, yet to me they defied logic. I cite three rants, er, examples.

Example 1. Who really and truly cares one tinkers damn what personal religion any of the Founding Fathers had? Does it matter if they were Deists, Theists, Agnostic, or even (gasp) Mormon? What matters it seems to me is that they valued their personal ideals of faith so much that they made damn sure they stayed out of the supreme law of the land, the Constitution. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

Example 2. The oil companies continue to post record profits and yet this happens. Eight British servicemen are captured by Iran and it doesnt matter whose side of what line they were on, why in the hell did gasoline take an almost 75 cent jump in a mere few days with no dropping in sight? When I was a bit younger I was taught that war profiteering was illegal. Maybe they just didnt get the memo.

Example 3. Remember a while back how silly everyone thought it was that the Muslems became so enraged over a couple of cartoons of the prophet Mohammed? Whether in poor taste or not most everyone thought the reaction was a bit over the top. But then an artist over here carves a statue completely out of chocolate of an anatomically correct Jesus and what happens?
Every religious zealot gets their undies in a knot over it as if the worst sacriledge had been commited. Last time I checked most everyone agrees that He was male, or perhap they are upset because the artist didn't carve Him "miraculous" enough. Hmmm.

At anyrate so much for my recovery ranting, the rest is up to Y'all because I hear my orange juice calling me...I hope its my orange juice. Talk to ya later, TR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you. I don't know why today, but I miss you.