Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer picnic time recipe..."hey, he can cook too!"

Now ya'll get to find out just how eclectic this blog can be.(really I am just desperate for readers). Actually yes it's true, I am one of the best cooks I know. I should have been a chef but then all the fun would have been gone. Anyway here is a recipe I know so many people think takes to much work or are afraid to try,(trust me it's easy)but is a needed part of any type of cookout.


Real American Tater Salad(You say potato I say tater)(and no damn mustard)

5 pounds yukon gold potatoes(russets work fine too)
6 eggs(of course we cook them)
2 Cups salad dressing(mayo is for skinny folk)
1 onion diced(not to small but not to big)
1 small green pepper seeded and dice like the onion(sweet banana peppers work too but less color)
3 stalks celery(sliced really thin and watch your fingers)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. season salt(for both adjust as you have need)
1 tsp. pepper(fresh ground is always better)
1 tsp. dillweed(the secret ingredient)


DIRECTIONS(or,on to the real work)

1.Boil taters till they are fork tender (not mushy). Drain and cut in cubes(you choose the size I shoot for 1/2", don't forget to watch yer fingers).

2.Put eggs in a pan(yes still in the shell)and fill with cold water. Bring to a rolling boil and immediately remove from heat and cover for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool, peel and chop(I said watch the fingers).

3.In a large bowl,(I said large)combine taters and eggs( yes the yellow parts too). Mix together the salad dressingand all the other stuff I told you aboutand mix well. Cover that mess and stick it in the fridge for several hours or overnite is even better.

4.When it's ready go out and fire up the grill get the brats and dogs and burgers ready and cracked a cold one and have the best cookout you can (the beer helps if you burn the food but the tater salad will be great).


There ya go, ya'll can't blame me if your cookout don't work out(next time buy better beer)and have a great time. Next week maybe I will share with everyone my secret to the best burgers on the grill(in my opinion of course, read the top of the blog). Kthxbi.


Peace,love and light, TR

3 comments:

MaryJayn said...

Ok, ok, ok, your NOT a dork!!! Now quit bugging me!! LoL I love you daddy!

Rose said...

No garlic???

And I prefer to bake the "taters" rather than boil them. Gives them a less grainy texture.

Rose said...

PS. There. NOW I'm on your friggin' "cluster map".